If a fresh, glowing complexion is your thing, this is for you — the HD Cryo Facial, now available at our HigherDOSE Williamsburg.
Cryo facials are a face-focused type of cryotherapy, also known as "freeze therapy." But don't let the icy terminology fool you, it's actually a soothing, stimulating and quite refreshing experience. Here's how it works. You sit back and relax, just like getting a traditional facial, except instead of exfoliating creams, fancy peels and aggressive extractions, your face is frozen. Deep-freeze temps and beams of vaporized liquid nitrogen instantly shrink enlarged, oily pores and increase the circulation of clean, fresh blood to your face. Leaving you looking fresh-faced with a cool glow.
A cryo-probe (think, magic wand) blows cold air onto your face in concentrated, circular motions. This rapid cooling of the skin leads to immediate vasoconstriction, a.k.a. tightening. This tightening of the skin is your body's natural reaction to retaining body heat, which encourages collagen regrowth and cell repair — and also reduces the three reason why we're aging faster: redness, puffiness and inflammation. This trio turns the aging dial to extra hot. And in order to cool the heat, slow our skin down and reverse aging, you've got to chill out.
Take The Ice-Cold Plunge
- Instantly-glowing, younger-looking skin (this is why it's a celebrity go-to)
- Rejuvenates fatigued skin, gets you feeling awake and energized
- Restores firmness
- Soothes inflammation
- Fills in fine lines and reduces wrinkles
- Improves skin texture and tone
- Lightens blemish scars
- Removes the outer layer of dead skin cells and stimulates new ones, encouraging cells to regrow with an even, smooth distribution.
- Treats skin conditions such as eczema
- Reduces puffiness and black circles
- Quick, non-invasive and painless