Like any powerful apparatus, our bodies need to be sufficiently powered up and cared for to perform their functions. So, we exercise, try to have good sleeping habits, and manage stress as best as we can. Of course, we have to eat well to get the proper nutrition to go about our daily routines. It's a no-brainer that a healthful diet is a critical part of health and overall wellbeing.
And what of supplements? In 2021, the global dietary supplements market was worth USD 151.9 billion in 2021. This is projected to grow to USD 327.4 billion in 2030 (or a compounded annual growth rate of 8.9%). One primary reason for the surging demand is simply that these supplements work.
In this post, we'll chew over the top magnesium supplement benefits that make these nutritional adjuncts essential to your self-care regimen. We'll also share the best magnesium supplements for you to check out.
Why take supplements?
But first, let's tackle the question that may have popped into your head: "Why take supplements at all? Aren't the body's self-healing abilities coupled with the usual TLC routines enough?
Our amazing bodies naturally secrete many essential molecules. But there are about 30 vitamins and minerals they can't make by themselves or produce at the required levels. These include the vitamins C and E and the minerals zinc and magnesium.
Ideally, we should be able to fill in the nutritional gaps from the food we consume. Yet, this is easier said than done. For one thing, we don't always eat right. At times, we don't have access to the kinds of food that can supply enough micronutrients (substances our bodies need in trace amounts). Or we can also have food allergies that can limit our choices. Certain cases like pregnancy or underlying illnesses may also require supplementation.
However, speak with your physician before taking any supplements to ensure your safety. Also, always remember to follow directions on the labels and check for any contraindications.
Magnesium Supplement Benefits
Magnesium isn't called the miracle mineral for nothing. The molecule is an essential cofactor in about 300+ functions. As a cofactor, magnesium helps enzymes perform important biochemical activities. So, supplements can be a godsend when magnesium deficiency occurs. A poor diet or lifestyle, certain health conditions, or taking medications can deplete our magnesium stores. Here are but a few of the life-saving benefits of magnesium:
- Helps convert food into cellular energy
- Supports protein synthesis
- Promotes muscle and nerve health
- Forms strong bones and teeth
- Prevents migraine and headache
- Relieves stress and anxiety
- Enhances mood
- Reduces inflammation
- Helps improve ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder ) symptoms
- Regulates blood pressure and heartbeat
Best Magnesium Supplements for Everyday
These supplements may vary in their bioavailability (how our bodies absorb them), medical use, and magnesium supplement benefits. With multiple brands in the market, choosing one for your specific needs can be challenging. So, we've chucked up this list of the best magnesium supplements to jumpstart your journey to better health.
1. HigherDOSE Chill Chews
- Price: $39
- Quantity per bottle: 90 gummies
- Serving size: 3 gummies per serving
These calming pills help replenish your magnesium supply that gets depleted by daily stressors. HigherDOSE Chill Chews contain loads of potent beneficial ingredients. These ingredients can help you take the noise down a couple of notches to get you into the "cool zone":
- Magnesium citrate has higher bioavailability for faster absorption in our digestive tract compared to other types of the same mineral. This form enables the more efficient delivery of magnesium's wonderful benefits. In addition, magnesium citrate is a natural laxative that relaxes the bowels and relieves constipation.
- L-theanine is an amino acid that helps soothe anxiety and stress and treats insomnia.
- Adaptogenic mushrooms are mushrooms that may help protect our bodies from stress-related damage. These shrooms also promote recovery by maintaining the balance in our "internal seas" for optimal survival.
- Ashwagandha root extract is an evergreen shrub from India used in traditional Ayurvedic medicine. Research shows that it can safely treat various health issues like sleep problems, depression, and neuropsychiatric disorders.
2. Nested Naturals Magnesium
- Price: $21.95
- Quantity per bottle: 120 capsules
- Serving size: 2 capsules (200mg of magnesium)
Nested Naturals Magnesium caters specifically to vegans. The manufacturers of the product state that it doesn't have soy, gluten, or GMO ingredients. Its primary component is magnesium glycinate.
Magnesium glycinate can help enhance sleep and heal inflammatory conditions like heart disease and diabetes. Studies also state that this specific type of magnesium can hasten recovery and aid in major cases of depression.
3. HigherDOSE Detox Drops
- Price: $29
- Quantity per bottle: 60 ml
- Serving size: 2 drops per serving (mixed into 6-8 oz of H20)
The best magnesium supplements can come in pill, capsule, tablet, powder, or liquid form. HigherDOSE Detox Drops are a nutritionally-dense elixir designed to amplify the detox of any sweat session with ingredients that include the following:
- Magnesium malate, an excellent option for replenishing your body's magnesium requirements. It may be gentler to our systems and has high bioavailability. This helps treat chronic fatigue syndrome and fibromyalgia, a painful muscle and soft tissue disorder.
- Chlorophyll, the green pigment of plants, can deliver fantastic benefits. These include fighting aging and curing acne. It is also essential in providing oxygen to make red blood cells healthy, heal wounds, and even reduce the risk of cancer.
- Milk thistle, a Mediterranean plant, is popular as a natural remedy. It supports liver cleansing, removing free radicals and toxic substances to deliver deep detoxification.
- Biotin or vitamin B7 can boost your skin's natural radiance and keep your nails strong and your hair healthy.
4. Nature Made Magnesium
- Price: $5.49
- Quantity per bottle: 100 tablets
- Serving size: 1 tablet of 250ml per day (with water + a meal)
Nature Made Magnesium is an affordable supplement free of gluten, artificial flavors, and synthetic dyes. Its manufacturer declares that the U.S. Pharmacopeia has vetted the product. This means that its ingredients are safe for human consumption. Its key component is magnesium oxide, a combination of magnesium and oxygen.
This can provide short-term relief from digestive problems like heartburn and constipation. It is also prescribed for migraines and headaches. The downside is that magnesium oxide isn't absorbed as quickly as other types of magnesium.
5. HigherDOSE High-Dration Powder
- Price: $39
- Quantity per box: 15 pouches
- Serving size: 1 serving per pouch (mixed into 6-8 oz of H2O)
Magnesium is one of our electrolytes, which are minerals carrying electric charges to perform numerous functions. These include regulating blood and water levels to maintain a steady internal environment in the body. However, electrolyte imbalances can happen due to dehydration, chronic respiratory ailments, or taking certain meds.
To replenish our electrolytes, water alone won't always cut it. Enter the HigherDOSE High-DRATION Powder, a next-level hydration powder with these unique ingredients:
- Magnesium Bisglycinate Chelate, also referred to as Magnesium Glycinate, is bonded to glycine. Glycine is a powerful antioxidant that helps protect the body from oxidative stress and boosts muscle strength. It also promotes collagen and elastin production for glowing and firm skin.
- Marine algae are sea microorganisms that help carry out photosynthesis. This is the process plants use to convert sunlight, H2O, and carbon dioxide into oxygen and energy. Thus, they contain minerals that can transform substances into materials for metabolism. HigherDOSE contains Aquamin Calcareous Marine Algae, a unique multimineral complex with bioactive magnesium, calcium, and 72 trace marine minerals for optimum joint, muscle, and bone health.
- Watermelon and coconut powders are some of nature's superfoods that deliver a powerful punch of phytonutrients, antioxidants, amino acids, and magnesium and calcium electrolytes to rehydrate and refuel.
- The B vitamins of thiamine (B1), riboflavin (B2), and vitamin B6 combine forces to help the body convert food into energy, keep the eyes and skin healthy, strengthen the immune system, and enhance mood.
Living the high life with HigherDOSE Magnesium supplements
HigherDOSE is passionate about creating the hottest at-home wellness tools using nature-inspired technologies to get you high off your own supply. Our Infrared, PEMF, and Red Light devices elevate your health and beauty rituals, while our collection of body products boosts their benefits. Our latest products of Magnesium ingestibles are designed to help you detox, relax, and hydrate for a supercharged and revitalized life from the inside out. And while you're at it, why not activate your natural radiance with the HigherDOSE Glow Serum? The topical's innovative formulation is heat- and light-activated to boost the cell-hydrating and skin-nourishing benefits of the HigherDOSE Red Light Face Mask. Achieve your beauty, health, and fitness goals with HigherDOSE. Shop HigherDOSE today!